10 Facts About Me
1. I love Jesus. I was fortunate to be introduced to Him as a child, (thanks mom and dad!) but I developed my own relationship with Him while I was in college. Life hasn’t always been easy but, I do have hope no matter what life brings and He hasn’t failed me yet.
2. I was engaged after 7 months of dating and married 2 months later to my wonderfully hardworking husband who is also my best friend, personal comedian and partner in life. I’m lucky to have him.
3. I’m a proud Jamaican. But really, I dare you to try to find a Jamaican who isn’t. I was actually born in Miami but both of my parents were born and raised in Jamaica. I love my people, the food, the land, the music and let me stop there because I could go on forever on this subject.
4. I graduated from THE University of Florida, Go Gators! I’m actually a two time graduate first for my Bachelors and then I went back 4 years later for my MBA.
5. I have a 14 year old maltese named Irie. She was 7 years old when I adopted her, clingy, spoiled and set in her ways. She alternates between bringing me joy and driving me crazy every day.
6. I almost became a Fanta Girl. In 2009 Fanta held a competition to fill the spot for the 4th Fantana. To enter, I had to submit a video on why I should win and they posted each submission on a website for the public vote on who they thought should win the spot. My brother masterminded and produced a kick butt video (really, it was ahead of its time) and I made it to the top 3. I had hope that I would win, buuuuuttt, they already had a black girl in the group so deep down I knew I wouldn’t. It was a great experience though. Want to check out the video that nearly made me famous?…
7. I had braces for the first time at 22 years old. My teeth were fine most of my life then all of sudden right after I graduated college my teeth began to shift. I love to smile but it started to make me so self-conscious. So, after I got my first real job out of college, I got myself some braces! To this day, it is still one of the best investments I’ve ever made.
8. I’m a very picky eater. For someone like me who loooooves food, I’m still very selective. I belong to the small percentage of the population that doesn’t like mangoes, peanut butter, and chocolate. But, I can’t help it because picky eating runs in the family, my parents believe me when I tell you, are even pickier than I am.
9. I’ve always been very shy. But, I also love to perform and I have been doing it since I was little. I dance, sing and love public speaking. I just feel so free when I’m on stage.
10. I have trypophobia – Which is a phobia or fear of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps. Ugghhh, even writing the definition, gives me the creeps. So I won’t touch or look too long at anything with tiny holes. Even the bubbles that pop up when making pancakes make my skin crawl.
Once when I was a little girl we spent Christmas in Connecticut and we stayed at my grandmothers’ house. On the bed where I was to sleep there was a knitted blanket, the kind that all grandmothers have - WITH ALL THE TINY HOLES!!!! I didn’t get much sleep because of course I had to keep one eye open all night to make sure it didn’t dare make a move to touch me.
That's a little bit about me. And if you've read this far, I'd love to know if you can relate to any of these.